sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2014 jeep grand Cherokee overland 3ltr v6 transmission

Customer Question

2014 jeep grand Cherokee overland 3ltr v6 transmission clunking when moving up the gears and when trying to accelerate..
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: feels like the gearbox and has only just started
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: done nothing my self, got a full service recently which helped but still happening only when accelerating up the gears, like over taking etc.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No … just looking to find out if this is serious or perhaps a programming type fix
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 20 days ago.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please continue..
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, the sounds in the transmission can become a little worrying, the important thing is that you do not drive very long travels with these sounds, because sometimes these sounds can be symptoms of excessive wear in the transmission, so this noise in the transmission, we start working on the basis of lubrication problems, therefore the first thing recommended is to replace the transmission fluid and its filter since this is the most common thing that causes this kind of damage, sometimes is missed in the services, so this maintenance is not done, if this is the case, i recommend you start doing this maintenances, if after this the problem is not sorted a diangostic to see what the error codes are pointing us.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Appreciate the response will book in to local garage for diagnostic and transmission oil change and take it from there ..thanks

It is my pleasure! Let me know any new!
Kind regards, Sebastian.

It is my pleasure! Let me know any new!
Kind regards, Sebastian.