Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Have micha flashing, Picanto 2010, Cant fix myself,is it

Customer Question

Have micha flashing
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Picanto 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cant fix myself,is it safe to drive?
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 16 days ago.

Hi..there..Im Rob, A fully certified vehicle technician in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Micha? - you mean the engine light is flashing?

How does the vehicle perform at the moment etc?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Running well when i start its like a small whining noise but goes away when running
Expert:  Robert replied 16 days ago.

Ok.well any warning light that is flashing on the dash..means a serious issue... i wouldnt like to say its safe to drive given that i cant hear nor assess the vehicle myself..in which case id advise at least from a starting point from here..would be maybe get it checked out at your local garage..or if you know of decent mobile mechanic you can come out to it and hear that noise at first start to guage an idea what it is then that might be one option.. If you hearing whiring nosie at first start..then that could well be something on the belt binding up maybe alternator failure..hard to say without hearing it...but as above that would be your best advise...