Michaeluk
Michaeluk, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

I have an issue with the gearbox in my Hyundai Tucson, going

Customer Question

I have an issue with the gearbox in my Hyundai Tucson, going from 4th to 5th to 6th gear and down again. the car was purchased November 2017 a year old. Am I covered for warranty?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: There has been no fluid leaks and the car has 74000 miles on the clock.
JA: What year is your Tucson?
Customer: 2016 I think
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have it reviewed independently from a close personal friend and recognised car mechanic, without removing anything. He has advised warranty definitely covers me
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had a terrible experience with my dealer, not just with my car with the previous experience with my sons car as well, hence the apprehension
Category: Car
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can you answer the question please?!
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 17 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

Please excuse the waiting time.

Due to a high demand there are currently delays in answering the questions.

First of all, we have to find out what exactly the cause is. If there is still warranty on the car, not all work is covered by the warranty.

I rather think that we have a problem here with overaged or worn transmission oil. This causes the control system of the gearbox to not work properly anymore and generates errors like: bad shifting behaviour, rough starting and / or shifting back and forth without reason. The transmission oil as operating fluid is usually not covered by guarantees.

Mechanical or electrical defects, on the other hand, are covered. For this reason, a diagnosis should be made first, then the dealer can tell you whether it is a warranty case and whether your vehicle is still under warranty.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is a complete waste of my money and time!!
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 16 days ago.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Is there any ambiguity, or have I not explained any points in sufficient detail?

You are welcome to address any open points in a query, I would be happy to change your opinion about our service.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
You haven’t told me what I want to know, the information you did provide is what I already know!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It’s a con
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I want all my payments stopped with immediate affect!!Remove by details from your system
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 16 days ago.

Ok, thanks for the honest feedback.

What would you like to have explained in more detail? Has a follow-up warranty been concluded on the cars? If not, it is no longer a guarantee case under any circumstances.

If a warranty extension has been concluded, it depends, as already mentioned, on the cause of the problem, which must be diagnosed on site and is impossible to determine remotely. As already mentioned, I think that the oil is the probable cause.

As far as payments etc. are concerned, I would ask you to contact the Justanswer customer service, because we have no access to payments etc. for experts.

I wish you a pleasant evening.