Michaeluk
Michaeluk, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

The Electric tailgate on my 2010 Citroen C5 estate jammed

Customer Question

The Electric tailgate on my 2010 Citroen C5 estate jammed open in rain last night. Handbook says it can be closed manually but does not say how. Handbook also says do not use force.Any insights?Rob.
JA: What is the model of your '10 Citroen?
Customer: C5 ESTATE
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: C5 HDI EXCLUSIVE160
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Motor fuse is ok light to closing button was flickering but has now gone out
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: THERE IS A BUTTON ON TAILGATE TO CLOSE IT WHEN IT IS ON IT IS NORMALLY LIT UP
Category: Car
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

Good evening, please excuse the waiting time. Due to a large number of questions, the answering is currently delayed a little bit.

With the "manual" closing the manual means easy to make the tailgate by hand. So to close the tailgate with gentle, even pressure.

You describe a flickering of the lamp for the closing button of the tailgate. This is an indication that there is probably a lack of electricity on the tailgate. Very often a cable is broken in the lead-through between the car and the tailgate. Therefore, first check that the cables are all ok in this passage. If not, a first cable must be pulled in.

If the cable is ok, the fault memory of the vehicle must be read out once, the fault code will help to narrow down the cause.