Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

I have a Aixam crossline 2012 600cc kubota Z602 engine which

Customer Question

I have a Aixam crossline 2012 600cc kubota Z602 engine which is blowing smoke form the engine breather pipe. The oil level in the engine is ok. I have had a look at the breather pipe and the rocker box cover, and cannot see anything wrong.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: about a month ago
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Aixam crossline 2012 600cc kubota Z602 engine
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took off the rocker box cover yesterday. clean but oily, breather pipe free and clean, inside cover the baffle on top of rocker box clean and free. engine has done 80000 miles.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think it could be worn piston rings. but people i talk to say this will not happen to these engines
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, due to the symptoms, you may be having problems at the level of the PCV valve or engine gas recirculation valve, this valve is the one that makes the gases or vapors produced by the oil inside the engine recirculated, thus the oil does not escape from the engine in form of vapor and also does not pollute the environment, but the oil always remains in vapor and the liquid remains inside the engine, when this valves begin to produce certain smoke leaks it is because this vapor is escaping somewhere. In addition, as the oil evaporation process is very slow, the loss of fluid is not noticeable, that is why i the symptoms points to problems in this valve.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There is no PCV valve fitted to my Aixam crossline 600cc Kubota engine. So the problem is still here. Please advise
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i prefer to type than talk, because i am hard of hearing.

Sorry i will opt out to let someone else continue.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 17 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 14 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** does it start from cold.

I would get a compression test done on the engine but to be honest i would expect a cracked piston ring with how you describe the issue.