sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2008 cls 350 d brake fluid level light on the dash is on

My 2008 cls 350 d brake fluid level light on the dash is on and wont switch off I've toped up but its still on the Esc and cruise are inoperative.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: if the the warning red light in the middle of the spedo is on the fuses must be ok so if I still need to check witch fuse and were is it under the hood or in the footwell.
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: CLS 350 d
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I've disconnected the battery for 24 Hrs and checked the level of flui
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've changed the alternator belt and lost power as well but one thing at a time

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, if once the fluid level is verified, the problems with the level still persist, it means that you have problems with the sensor that measures the amount of liquid in the container, it is a very simple sensor, it is good that before replacing we verify that the sensor works with a tester or multimeter, although this sensor is not expensive and can be replaced.

Second, you have a loss of power, this loss of power may be due to lack of maintenance in the injection system or in the air intake system. I do not know if you are carrying out the repairs and reviews on this vehicle yourself, but I would recommend a good injection system maintenance as well as checking the pump, as well as cleaning the injectors as well as the throttle body. I also recommend replacing the fuel filter and the air filter.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes