Steve
Steve, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty five years
106618989

The abs, vsa and tire pressure lights are lit up, yes my

The abs, vsa and tire pressure lights are lit up
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: yes my pressures are fine
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Honda Civic SE iVTEC 1.8 06-11
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing as of yet, I’ve ordered new abs sensors so when I change my brake discs & pads I can put the abs sensors in also
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

The Tyre pressure monitor on your Honda works through the ABS / VSA systems and matched the rotating speed of the wheels to access the tyre level.

It is very likely as you have suspected that the problem is related to the ABS sensors, but it would be good to have the system read by connecting up to a diagnostic scanner to be sure. This would also tell you which sensor is at fault, or if another part of the system is at fault.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

I want to ensure you are happy with the answer so do please ask further details if needed.

Thank you for using Just Answer

Steve

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What diagnostic scanner would you recommend? As I know there are expensive & cheap ones

You would need one that can read ABS codes as the cheap EOBD one will not, one for your Honda that would read the codes would be around £199 this one CLICK HERE would do the job.

If you didn't want to invest in one then most local garages do have the equipment and many will do a quick read for around £30. (Some will try to charge more)

The scanner would be a good investment though as it will deal with any future troubles and the software is updated, meaning it should last for future vehicles.

Do please ask more if needed, just reply to this thread and I will help.

Steve

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Okay, thank you for your time.

Your welcome and do please feel free to get back to me on this thread if I can give you any more details.

Steve