markj1125
markj1125, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110828663

I am trying to locate the turbo actuator solenoid on my 15

hi, i am trying to locate the turbo actuator solenoid on my 15 reg astra 1.6 diesel estate, i can not find it anywhere in sight
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: the car is 2015 and service was done in April this year
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have replaced the water pump as it had seized, all was ok with turbo, when i have reassembled all i can not locate the turbo actuator air tube that goes to the solenoid, i want to find the solenoid to trace the tube back
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, its just that,thanks
Hi I’m mark I’m a Master Technician hopefully I can help you with your issue today, on some models the solenoid is located at the front of the engine bay and sits up behind the right hand side of the front bumper if it’s not there it could be on the bulk head (the panel between engine and passenger compartment) at the top, you find find it should have 2 pipes going to it, 1 is the constant vacuum and the other is to the actuator

Hi have you managed to check the car based on the information I sent you, I hope everything is going well for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mark, sorry i didn't reply to your msg, the day turned a different corner and had to leave looking for the pipe/solenoid location, one of our family pigs got out of the yard and went onto the rd, she was hit by a van and killed, i went back to the car today and found the solenoid so traced back to where the pipe was, annoyingly it was there all the time, because it was covered with heat protection i could not see it, i have now re attached the pipe now and all is good, thankyou for your reply to my question, i was loosing the will to live yesterday, again thanks
No problems sorry to hear about your ordeal, glad your all sorted now hope you day goes well and thank you for using our service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou toCustomer found the problem with my car after receiving the answer from him, great service, will use again if i need help, thanks

Many thanks and all the best for the future