Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Head gasket gone, 1.3, Renault Clio 2006, Originally it was

head gasket gone
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: 1.3
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Renault Clio 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Originally it was a water pipe which was repaired then a sensor but now the head gasket. Oil getting in the water
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Over 125,000 miles done in the car

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Joan carney

Hi, Joan, I hope you are well . How can I assist?

Hi my name is ***** ***** say the head gasket has failed they fail in a few diffrent ways does it overheat or does it have a misfire.

OK, so it's likely that the head gasket was damaged by the previous event when the water pipe failed causing the engine to get hot . It's not unusual for this to take some time for the damage to show. The cylinder head will need to be removed and machined before a replacement gasket is fitted . The average cost for the total repair is around £1200 .you need to ensure that the head is machined flat to ensure the repair lasts and that cylinder head bolts are replaced. Thanks for choosing JustAnswer and please let me know if you have any further questions at all.

Kevin, Technician
Experience: Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company