Steve
Steve, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty five years
106618989

Does my VW Jetta need a new timing belt at 40'000 miles?

Customer Question

JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: It's about 40'000 and it hasn't been changed before
JA: What year is your Jetta?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it's in a garage and they have recommended a new one
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.

Can you let me have the registration number please and I will check the timing belt schedule for you, different engines have different schedules so this way I can ensure I get it correct.

Steve

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Steve
SF65UGD
Expert:  Steve replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for that, I make that a 2.0 TDI with engine code CUUA

The recommended schedule for that engine is Every 140,000 miles or 60 months.

Although you haven't covered the miles, I would agree that the belt needs replacing on the time basis.

The book time for the job is 4.5 hours so this is quite a big job.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 9 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve