Michaeluk
Michaeluk, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

I’ve got these kind of scratches on my bmw 1 series... I’ve

Hi I’ve got these kind of scratches on my bmw 1 series... I’ve ordered the same paint brush for it would this work? I’ve tried Tcut and nothing works the scratches are deep or something like really light scratches anything I can use? I’ve attached a picture of it
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Here

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

How big is the area with the scratches?

When you go over it with the fine nail, are the scratches clearly noticeable?

And on which part are the scratches?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It’s on my boot at the back they are like swirl scratches really thing like the paint has worn off I’ve attached a picture..
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Really thin you can’t feel them on your finger but can notice them

Ok, thank you. I'm writing a answer now, it may take a few minutes.

The scratches look as if someone has rubbed over the dirty lacquer (dust is enough).

As you can see in the picture, the scratches seem to be through the clear coat and even through the paint in places. A normal repair brush is no longer sufficient here. The lacquer consists of 4 layers

- Primer
- Paint
- Metallic parts
- Clear lacquer

The paint brush cannot fill up these layers, furthermore the metallic flakes are laid differently and the repaired area is always visible.

For an invisible repair, a paint build-up and a complete painting of the part must be done.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
1
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
2
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The pictures I’ve sent are actually photos of the car the ones before we’re from google but the ones I’ve just attched is my car
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

The area is far too large to repair with a brush.

In the last picture, however, it looks as if one could try to remove the scratches with a polishing machine and abrasive polish. I think that might leave some individual scratches that could be dabbed out.

But if polishing doesn't work, you'll have to paint to get a decent result.

I'm glad if i could assist with your problem today. All the best for the future and please let me know here if you have any further questions on this topic.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi there just got a quote for 140£ is that good? Might do it on Tuesday and be done with it? I have no idea how it happen I just bought the car so not sure if the previous owner covered it and when I washed the car the paint come off wasn’t there before

Yes, the estimate is a good offer.

The scratches are typical when someone tries to remove dirt with a paper tissue and rubs the paint. The handkerchiefs, together with dust particles, make these scratches.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could they have covered that with paint before selling it to me?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Here
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’ve just cleaned it and it’s gotten bigger

no, I don't think so, if someone had tried to cover it up it wouldn't have increased by cleaning.

But cleaning washes the dirt out of the fine grooves, and the scratch then appears larger.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just doesn’t make sense every time I put water on the scratch it gets bigger so confused I didn’t even touch it I cleaned it with new clothes and this happened

As already said, if the scratch had been covered with paint, it would not wash off with water. In order to remove the scratch, a paint job must be carried out. The £140 is a good deal.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank you I will let you know how it went

Good morning. Unfortunately, I was no longer online yesterday. I am glad to have helped you. Once again, thank you for using Justanswer.