sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have 4 permanent fault codes on a 2008 Range rover sport

Customer Question

Hello there, I have 4 permanent fault codes on a 2008 Range rover sport l320. I require help in understanding what are these codes and how to fix them.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I have tried to rest them but with no success. There are 4 codes but are all related to airbag, seat belt sensor, seat belt buckle pertensioner deployment control, driver seat track position restrants sensor.
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am repairing it myself. I had a airbag light on in dash and it was suggested by a just answer mechanic to replace the clockspring as this related to the code I gave him.I have replaced the clockspring and still have the airbag light on in dash.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The codes that I scanned are B0050-1D, B1 212-1B, B0028-1B and B00B5-1D
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Jose Sebastion, What suggestions do you have to solve the scanned codes

Dear customer could please tell me the model of the diagnostic equipment?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Its an Autel MaxiDiag Elite diagnostic scanner.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Autel Maxi Diag elite MD802 modle scanner

Dear customer, actually, I do not trust much of this kind of diagnostic equipment, the error codes that you are receiving are indeed from the airbag system, it was not wrong to replace the clock spring, but I think it would be wise to check the wiring and the module, because I see that the error codes are covering different sensors of the airbag system and it is suspicious that they have all been damaged together.