sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2017 SLC Is showing a message on dash it reads as follows

Hi my 2017 SLC Is showing a message on dash it reads as follows Active Brake Assist Function limited See owners manual. ? Any information would be appreciated
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2 days
JA: What is the model of your '17 Mercedes?
Customer: SLC
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The brake pads and discs were renewed an bigger wheels were fitted

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, did this happened after the maintenance and service to the brakes?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you help me clear message
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi is there any help you can offer me ?

Sorry for my delay dear customer.
Dear customer, when this type of maintenance is carried out, the sensory area of the same is often touched, which causes your Mercedes to activate an error code that limits or disables part of the brake system, in this case the brake assist function, I don't know where you carried out this maintenance but normally when we carry out this type of procedure we must restore the data through a diagnostic equipment so that no type of error code or any indicator on the board remains lit.