sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Recently bought a Bentley continental gt (2013 Plate). It

Customer Question

recently bought a Bentley continental gt (2013 Plate). It has a Bentley phone but I can't work out how to put SIM card into the phone. Any ideas?
JA: What year is your Continental GT?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Continental GT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to "open" the handsed set but unlike a convential mobile can't see how to do this
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Happy to wait to get a proper resolution. The car manual shows where the sim should fit but the car doesn't reflect this, there is no slot where the manual says it should be! Obviously we can use the car's Bluetooth with our mobile phones - but it seems crazy not to be able to use the fitted car phone as a spare in an emergency in case we forget our mobiles. I have bought a pay-as-you-go sim for this purpose but, as I say, can't see where to put it. Maybe in the phone itself - but it can't see how to open it! I have asked our local Bentley dealership, but they don't know either!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have another problem too which I can't solve. Our 2013 Bentley continental GT has a TV. We can get pictures and a voice over description of what's happening on the screen (as if you are blind) but there is no sound. It's on mute (apart from the descriptions). Doesn't respond to the mute button. Can you also help solve this problem please.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 14 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please keep looking for someone who can help
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.
Dear customer, according to the exploded diagram that I have in the display unit, there is a slot to insert the SIM, it is difficult to remove it, it comes out by sinking the hole on one side with a needle, I was trying to locate a video but unfortunately I could not do it but I leave you the picture of the display, so you will observed on the edge where the SIM slot is located.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry, but this does not help me.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No. I have already paid £5, I expect a better response!
Dear customer, unfortunately I cannot get a video, i have little information about this. I will opt out of your query to see if another expert can indicate you how you are doing this by diagrams is more complicated.
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 13 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please carry on trying to find an answer to my problem!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (VZMMLGZ)
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 12 days ago.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't want you to pursue this further. You have had several attempts and no one has been able to answer my question. I don't want to waste my time further. Please refund my money.