RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

Im not sure. My ignition is working but my engine cant start

Customer Question

Hi, Im not sure. My ignition is working but my engine cant start running.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I've bought new battery one week ago.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: wn54hvr
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I didnt.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I dont know whats wrong.
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 9 days ago.

Hi my name is*****’m just reading your comments, can you confirm the battery is new and fully charged? Why did the battery need replacement?
can you tell me what happens when you turn the ignition on? Does the engine turn over or does it click and the ignition lights flicker?
how long has the car not been used?
I look forward to your replies and I’ll try my best to help you many

Hi using the information provided I can give a general answer, it does seem like your battery doesn’t have enough power but the real cause could be something draining the battery hence why you had to change it, maybe jump starting it and checking it’s charging etc,

hope thi