RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

I have nissaan navara np300 2019 tat im trying to upgrade

Hi I have nissaan navara np300 2019 tat im trying to upgrade the wheel size to 20inches,
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: I have purchase a set of 275/ 60r20 tyers and as soon as i fitt them realised front tire rubbing againt the arches when turning the wheel, now unfortunately i can not send the tiers back because its been fitted supplier said, My quastion is can i purcahse a pair of 275/55r20 tiers and fitt in the front while 275/60r20 are fitted on the rear?
JA: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changing tiers
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just that issue

Hi my name is ***** ***** regarding tyre size you can have different size tyres on the front to the rear as long as they are the same size across the axle that is perfectly fine,

the only issue it my case is if on a 4x4 with different size tyres it might case an issue as it might register the fronts spinning quicker then the rears, it probably won’t as there is only a small difference it’s just something to be aware of when you fit them,

hope this helps

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Thanks for the answer, i live in the city never used the 4x4 option on the car before and probaby will never use it as im not planing to go off road, so It should be ok to fitt the smaller tyer on the front then?

Hi yes should be fine perfectly legal as long as same size tire per axle, and as long as clears the arches obviously,

many

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank for the valuable information.

No worries hope you get it sorted and it’ll look awesome with big wheels