CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I need help with vehicle speaker wiring, i have three

i need help with vehicle speaker wiring
JA: Do you have a multimeter or voltage tester? What colors are the wires?
Customer: i have three speakers and typically car strereo
JA: How long has this been going on with your wiring? What have you tried so far?
Customer: car stereo ha four and i need to know how to wire
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, you can accept this if we can't resolve the issue through messaging, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

What are you having trouble with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Shabaz
I am installing a new radio in my falcon, it originally only had one dash speaker which I going to use, but I also am putting in two new front kick panel speakers, I am obviously going to wire the two new ones to the front right and left wires on the new radio, but what do I wire the old dash speaker to?
Paul

Hi Paul, what is the car make and model? To keep the centre speaker "central", you would take the + from the left and - from the right.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Shabaz
It’s a 1963 Ford Falcon I just got the radio from the states

So, to make it clear, you can take either + or - from the right pair of wires and then + or - from the left pair of wires. Speaker wires are easy to identify, both pair of wires are the same colour but the negative will have a striped wire in the same colour. E.g. if you have a solid coloured purple wire, there will be a striped purple wire which will go to the same speaker (+ and -).

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks shabaz

I'll just add an image to help you understand better. In the picture attached, ignore the bridged stereo amplifier, that's just a separate volume control for the centre speaker, just follow the wiring :)

My pleasure. I'm glad I was able to help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your feedback is appreciated.
If you have any further questions, feel free to message me by replying on this thread.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.