sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Is my engine warning light, Diagnostic light on dashboard,

Hi, is my engine warning light
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Diagnostic light on dashboard
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Renault megane 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Car is fine at the moment, I just wanted to query it with your car expert/technician
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Is just a query re the engine warning light flashing on and then going off

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Jose. Have you had much experience with Renault Megane's?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I dont want to call
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Don't worry I'll ask someone else

Dear customer, I apologize for the delay I understand the problem that you present the dashboard indicator lights come on when the computer detects that one of the sensors is not working correctly, in this case it is one of the sensors that work monitoring the operation of the engine.

Knowing exactly which sensor or area of ​​the engine is getting affected is very complicated if not impossible if you do not have a diagnostic equipment.
If the engine is not suffering of power losses or driving problems there is not much to worry about, it is surely an error code that is being stored sporadically and this usually happens when there is a dirty sensor or something like that.

In any case, my recommendation is always that before making a purchase or any repair, to first use a diagnostic equipment to find out the exact error code and know from here start with the relevant repair.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks Sebeastian for your message
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sebastian..apologies