sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Boxter 32s 2003 displaying Tiptronic Emergancy run. Won’t

Boxter 32s 2003 displaying Tiptronic Emergancy run . Won’t change on manual and won’t change to fifth in auto and clunks when you move selector stick can you help PLEASE 🙏
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Porche Boxter 32s 2003 year 130000 k miles
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no nothing done happened today
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no don’t think so

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I want to fix myself
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Email your diagnosis I have hearing difficulties
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Still waiting
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Don’t want telephone send Email or Txt please
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m still waiting for your answer
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No Email me now

Dear customer, i apologize for my delay i had a connections problems and i could just get back.
You must be very careful with this because what worries me most is the noise that you present when  moving the selector lever, this is not normal and it is worrying because if the noise is a metallic knocking, as if it were in two metallic parts colliding, it is because there are problems in the transmission's gear selector and it cannot properly engage the gears, causing the gear pinions to rub and hit each other, this can lead to excessive wear and lead to a costly repair of the transmission. .

I see that your boxster has 130,000 miles, what I am going to recommend you to start with is the most basic thing that is performing a maintenance of the transmission accompanied by a review of the selectors, for this you are going to start by performing the replacement of the transmission fluid and here you will take advantage of verifying how the selectors who arrive at the transmission that  do not have game, are not beaten, rusty or have any type of problem.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. Once again i apologize due my delay, it is not common to happen.

Kind regards, Sebastian.