Steve
Steve, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty five years
106618989

What is the best automatic car for new learners base on DVLA

What is the best automatic car for new learners base on DVLA policy? By the way Im petite 4”9

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.
It is important that any car you wish to buy to learn on you do sit in and try.

I would recommend the Suzuki Swift automatic. This is a great little car and has good vision and a nice seating position.

The other one on the short list would be the Honda Jazz automatic.

Both of these I think would suit you.

As you have checked the DVLA criteria you will know that certain models are not allowed, these are the BMW Mini convertible, Ford Ka convertible, Toyota IQ and VW Beetle convertible.

There are other models that are also best avoided as the DVLA would need proof that they are safe as they were subject to recalls, these are the Citroen C1, Peugeot 108, Toyota Aygo, Toyota Yaris, Vauxhall Adam, Vauxhall Corsa D.

When you remove these from the list you have taken off many of the cars that may otherwise be deemed suitable.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Your welcome, I hope all goes well.

Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve