RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

There is a leak under my Peugeot expert van 2 year old, a

There is a leak under my Peugeot expert van 2 year old, a constant stream. I think it is the adblue tank. As the refill light came on at the same time. I topped it up and light went off. Dripping stopped after this too??I drove it to garage and it awaits repairWhy would this fault happen please and what is repair needed?It is hopefully covered by the warranty.Could this have damaged the engine?

Hi my name is***** would be very surprised if any damaged has been done to to engine you topped up fluid and drove to garage you did the right thing,

regarding the repair that’s going to be hard to say without actually seeing it, but I would say it’s more like a pipe leaking hopefully the garage can pin point it and rectify quickly, it should be obvious as when adblue dries it leaves white crystals,

you say it’s 2 years old maybe warranty? Always worth asking,

hope this has been some help

many

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks so much. How long would repair take and what would it cost

Hi without seeing the car/fault I wouldn’t want to give you a false price, the thing that will make a difference in price is the labour rate at the garage,

depending upon what is at fault will determine how long it takes,

Once the garage has had a look at your vehicle you will have a better idea of what is involved,

many