Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

Today both my keys for my vow Golf appear to be dead. Got in

Today both my keys for my vow Golf appear to be dead. Got in by using car lock but my car will not start . Surely both keys cannot be dead?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: My car was in for a cam belt last week so I think it would have been noticed
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Vow Golf 1.6 blue motion sept 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing except look up how to get in using the door lock. I'm 79 so not up with these things
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today after you got in did your car start up ok.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No it seems absolutely dead

The Battery is flat when did you last use your car.