Steve
Steve, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty five years
106618989

I have a P11B2 fault with my citreon ds4, Ds4 1.6 2013, No

I have a P11B2 fault with my citreon ds4
JA: What is the model/year of your Citroen?
Customer: Ds4 1.6 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No just had Rac Out to diagnose the problem
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.

The code P11B2 indicates a fault in the Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) cooler bypass valve - short circuit to positive

This may be the EGR valve itself or it may be the wiring to the valve. The circuit needs to be tested and if confirmed as ok then the EGR valve should be changed.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello and thankyou, would a Normal garage be able to fix this? And if so do you know a rough estimate of costs to fix? Also as I have had a diognostic carried out would they charge me again? Thankyou

An independant garage should be able to fix this quite easily, giving them the  fault code should help but I expect they would want to confirm this themselves. As you do have the code I wouldn't expect them to charge you for the diagnostics and they should check the code as part of the job.

The EGR unit is quite a long job to replace (3.1 hours) and so with an average labour cost of around £65 p.h + VAT the job would be in the region of £500.

If it is only a wiring or sensor problem and a new EGR valve is not needed the cost could be less.

I hope this helps but do please ask any further details if I can help

Steve

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thankyou

Your welcome, I hope all goes well.

Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve