CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Need a new knock sensor, knock, 2016 Hyundai i800, not tried

Need a new knock sensor
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: knock
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2016 Hyundai i800
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not tried anything
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, only accept this if we can't resolve the issue through messaging, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

Are you having difficulty finding the part?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
difficulty finding and wondering is there a way to bypass this sensor to get car on the road

Is there no part number printed on the knock sensor itself? Have you tried to unplug the sensor and see if the engine starts?

Knock sensors are difficult to bypass because they produce an oscillating signal according to engine vibration, which is difficult to replicate.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How would you unplug the sensor

The sensor should have an electrical connector, either at the sensor or further down the wiring loom because it's not hardwired directly to the ECU.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you I will try that and see

My pleasure. I'm glad I was able to help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your feedback is appreciated.
If you have any further questions, feel free to message me by replying on this thread.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.