Steve
Steve, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty five years
106618989

Is it worth fixing a car with radiator damage, car 2019 dont

Customer Question

is it worth fixing a car with radiator damage
JA: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?
Customer: car 2019 dont know about leaks its in auction
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: SUZUKI SWIFT SZ5 DUALJETGRIP SHVS 1242cc
JA: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no sending it to mechanic not tried anything thinking of buying at auction
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.

If the problem is just radiator damage then it would be worth fixing, but you would need to know if the engine has been run with low coolant and if any further damage has been done from this.

A straightforward radiator change would not be a problem, but if the cooling system has run dry and then the engine has overheated, this could be a big problem.

As it is an auction there would be little chance of testing things out, and I would question why someone would put the car into auction without rectifying the problem, as if fixed the hammer price would certainly be much higher.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The car was in accident
Expert:  Steve replied 17 days ago.

If it wasn't driven after the accident, then this should be fine, and any damage would of course be rectified when the accident damage is repaired.

But otherwise it would be a normal repair scenario.

Steve