sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The radiator will not turn on so i keeps overhearing when

Customer Question

the radiator will not turn on so i keeps overhearing when stationary in traffic for an extended period of time
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator?
Customer: 52000 no
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: ford fiesta 2010 1.6 petrol
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only checked the fuses but not much luck there
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: there is no leak in the coolant
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer do you mean radiator or electro fan?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
radiator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Dear customer, the ideal would be to check the relays rather than the fuses. The relays are the ones that command these components to activate, in the event that it is not activating correctly, it is probably because the relay is not working.

Another problem may be the connections at the cooling fan, many times these connections can corrode causing interference in the signal, it is good to verify it.

Finally, there can be inconveniences at the level of the temperature sensor that is not working correctly, before proceeding to replace the temperature sensor I always recommend checking the status of the thermostat as it can get stuck in a position that obstructs the flow of the coolant.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.