Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

How much will it cost to replace a 1999 smart gearbox? two

Customer Question

How much will it cost to replace a 1999 smart gearbox?
JA: What is the model of your '99 smart?
Customer: two door left Hooker.... the first version
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I know nothing about repairing a car....ūüėā. Ideally I‚Äôd like to get the auto gearbox fixed/ replaced.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else
Category: Car
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Im Rob, A fully certified vehicle technician and Garage/MOT centre owner in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Depending on sourcing another gearbox you maybe looking at cost average of between £700/£800 for the replacement..thats a ball park figure.as you need to bear in mind that most garages tend to rate differantly on labour costs... rebuild would be likely the msot expensive route.so you'd be better off looking for suitable secondhand gearbox or your garage would need to..