sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Just tried to go out in my car and I’ve lost my power

Customer Question

Just tried to go out in my car and I’ve lost my power steering ?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It says increased steering effort drive moderately
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2013 bmw 1 series auto
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven’t tried anything I’m no mechanic
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The car is still under warranty so I’m just waiting for the garage I bought it from to advise what I need to do first
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I need someone to look at my car and tell me what’s wrong with it

Dear customer, my recommendation is that you do not have the vehicle check by another garage other than where you bought it, so that the warranty is not affected.
I explain the electro powered-assisted steerings work with an electric motor in the steering column and a sensor located on the steering wheel known as the clock spring, normally these can be failures due to inconveniences in the clock spring or because the motor has reached the end of its useful life, these reviews have to be done by removing the steering wheel and the steering stem. Most reviews are a bit complicated and you do them in an external garage where you have a guarantee, surely the garage will make excuses to be responsible for the guarantee and that is what we want to avoid.

Anyway, if there is a review that several technicians can do and it is simply to check the status of the fuses.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I don’t want to be talked through fixing my car it needs looking at by a mechanic

Dear customer, it is needed to have it verify by a mechanic, we have to be careful with problems with the steering and the review must start by checking the fuses and relays, then we do check the state of the electronic parts of the steering system through a diagnostic tool.
Could you please give me your location to help you locate the garage?