sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Just bought a fiat 500 hybrid and need to change a Curtain

Customer Question

Just bought a fiat 500 hybrid and need to change a Curtain airbag and seat.
JA: What year is your 500e?
Customer: 2020 should i try and disconnect the hybrid battery ?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Ok its the battery under the seat No leaks (not tested only charges on deceleration) showing no charge on the Dash
JA: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not yet, just worried about changing the seat and curtain airbag with the hybrid battery connected
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's it
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what's the Answer
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** a waste of a £5...Another scam

Dear customer, please give me a moment to check on the manual.

Dear costumer i was checking if this model have a main battery protector and if it is you can do the work connected to it with no problem. the thing you cannot do is to mess with electric cable, i mean you cannot cut them to change connectors or something like because it can cause chort circuit and its complicated, but if itis just a replacing job is ok just rememberto restore the codes after the job is done through a diagnostic equipment.