RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

There is a problem with bonnet of my BMW 320E car. I am not

There is a problem with bonnet of my BMW 320E car. I am not able to open it. Need to fix it.
JA: What year is your 320i?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Are you fixing your 320i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am not able to see/feel the larch /locking lever under the bonnet.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to confirm you pull the lever to open bonnet and its not opening, if this is the case ideally with a assistant, one of you pull the bonnet lever from inside on and off while the other one pushes down on the bonnet roughly where the latches are, this can free off the latches enough to pop it open, once open the latches will need lubricating or replacing,

if it is open to first stage but you cannot open it, then the levers to release are seized, maybe try sparying with some WD40 while trying to work them,

either way once open really give them a good spray so they dont seize again

hope this helps many thanks