sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My mini has not been used for months and the battery is

Customer Question

My mini has not been used for months and the battery is dead , when I try to charge the battery I get an alarm and the charger does not seem to work.
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: About 2017
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes -the alarm stopped after about 10 mins so I tried another charger, and got a similar result - the charger showed no charging and the alarm started again
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I stopped the charger and the alarm stopped after about 10 min again
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello Jose can you help?

Dear customer, it seems that your mini battery has reached the end of its useful life. I would like to know if you have already replaced it? In case you did, I am concerned that you have activated the immobilizer system.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I did not replace it just connected a charger, I guess I will get a replacement
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello Jose I am signing off

Yes dear customer, it is good to test with another battery as it seems to be the cause of the problem.
In addition, you should take a look to the fuses to make sure none of them is burned.