sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a fault on my mclaren 650;s spider after using

Customer Question

i have a fault on my mclaren 650;s spider after using internal. straps to open den after a low battery the message is ‘ driver door exsternal release fault’
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: yes battery is fully charged now on the ctek mclaren charger and is healthy . i need to reset to driver door latch or so a soft reset? i guessing?
JA: What year is your Spider?
Customer: 3 months from extended warranty 😔
JA: Are you fixing your Spider yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have read on internet to find a solution , there can’t be a faulty part , but need to know the fix, it’s done 6000 miles and like day one,
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no , i’m sure with the correct advise it’s correctable . thank you
Category: Car
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi can you give me an approximate time please as to when you will be able to answer my question? thank you
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer each time you have issues at the battery level the mclarens are going to generate settings problems at various systems and you can even have other misconfiguration you haven´t noticed yet, you must restore the factory data by a diagnostic equipment to make your car work as normal. it would be good to check the fuses state to discard that placing the battery charged the electric tension has not compromised some fuse.