Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Got a DS4 1.6 hdi, Adblue low warning so I've filled up the

Customer Question

Hi, got a DS4 1.6 hdi
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Adblue low warning so I've filled up the adblue tank and now the urea
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Urea warning and adblue emissions plus engine management light is on. Its now on some kind of count down in miles to then after it claims I won't be able to start the car. !! I just don't want to get a massive bill. Thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Eml, adblue emissions, and urea
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The service light is also on. But no nothing else thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Billy replied 9 days ago.

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
If you get prompted for a Premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, as i don't think it is needed at this point.

Expert:  Billy replied 9 days ago.

Would you please tell me what year is this DS4?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
2017
Expert:  Billy replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for the details.

The first thing would be connecting a scan tool and retrieving the fault codes and resetting them.

This will not cost much. After that, you can get back to me with the fault codes, i will be able to explain those, and tell you what needs to be checked and how to check it, in order to confirm the fault.

Once the fault is confirmed, we can be sure we are only replacing the part(s) that need replacing (if any).

Expert:  Billy replied 9 days ago.

Usually on those models the adblue container level sensor needs resetting. But i cannot confirm without the fault codes.

Expert:  Billy replied 9 days ago.

Kindly get back to me with your findings so we proceed as needed.

Cheers!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Billy and good morning, yes I will do. I'm a hgv tech but really short on time and going through tough times within my own life but aren't we all. Yes I'll get back to you when I've more info. Thanks
Expert:  Billy replied 9 days ago.

Take the time you need. Hopefully things get better for all of us. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My names Richard and thanks again.
Expert:  Billy replied 9 days ago.

Good to know you Richard!

You're most welcome!