Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

I drove from Manchester to London yesterday, about half way

I drove from Manchester to London yesterday, about half way through the journey the car started chugging and the engine light flashed on and off, I decreased the speed/acceleration and managed to complete the journey at a slower pace but the car didn’t sound great. I’m supposed to be heading back up north tomorrow so ideally need an emergency mechanic to come out and have a look at it today so I at least know what the problem is
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It is the orange engine light and it blinks but doesn’t stay on
JA: What year is your Journey?
Customer: Journey?
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don’t understand the question
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: go for it

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today is this a petrol or diesel engine as it does not say in your description of the issue.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Gavin, it is a petrol engine

And the make and model and engine size please.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
A Ford Fiesta and I think a 1.2 engine?

Does it feel like an engine misfire.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m not exactly sure to be honest, it feels like when I put the accelerator down it pauses before speeding up quickly and then starts to chug and struggles when moving up to the next gear
Did you get to London in it.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the problem started around 2 hours away from London so I did 50mph for the rest of the way just because it felt dodgy. The car definitely felt more tired towards the end of the journey and it felt worse by the minute
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Feel free to ring me by the way if it’s easier to explain in person - XXXXXX

You will struggle to find anyone at the weekend if you are in the AA / RAC you will need to get recovery.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ah ok no problem, thanks anyway Gavin

No problem regards Gavin.