sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

We have recently purchased 2006 model Man/erf / 7.153 frc/c

Customer Question

Hi we have recently purchased 2006 model Man/erf / 7.153 frc/c 4.5 and when it changes down slowly at a junction and you actually stop in 1st gear it then won't change up as you move off. we have found you need to stop the lorry turn off restart then it works fine until the next junction
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: MAN / ERF / 7.153 FRC / C 4.5. vehicle id number number WMAN01Z17Y177524
JA: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we also have the red triangle warning light on in the centre of the panel with another yellow T shaped on in the lower righthand corner
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, when seeing the reasons that can cause this kind of inconvenience, the most worrying thing may be that there are problems at the level of the transmission fluid pressure, the changes are made through a game between the speed of the engine and the pressure handled by the oil pressure sensor, when there is no match between both signals there may be problems for the computer to detect when to make the change, well my initial recommendation would be to start with maintenance always is the best to start at the most basic by replacing the transmission oil and filter.

In case, the problem persists, I recommend doing a computerized diagnosis to check the signal from the oil pressure sensor and we check if there is any kind of problem at the transmission module.

But the ideal is to start with the basics when it comes to maintenance.