Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

I have a Vantage N400 and the battery is completely dead so

I have a Vantage N400 and the battery is completely dead so I cannot open the bonnet or the tailgate but can at least get into the car itself. Can you please help?
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: How can I test the battery when I cannot get the bonnet open? And no I have not changed the battery at any point.
JA: What year is your Vantage?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Vantage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried plugging a trickle charger into the cigarette lighter socket and the socket in the centre console but nothing happens
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, it was working fine but I forgot to put it on trickle charge after I used it last which was a week or so ago

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today can you locate the OBD2 diagnostic plug and could you look at the image please.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok, now what?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is anyone there? I have to go out in a few minutes

You could buy one of these to power the modules back up. And you will get a refund on the call.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What is this so-called power module and where would I get it from and where and how would I use it anyway?

If you look at the first image pin number 16 and search OBD 2 power lead it is an emergency lead to power the modules up.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am sorry but I have no clue what you are talking about. I will contact the Aston Martin helpline for assistance. But have to go out now.

OK if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The car mechanic didn’t call me as was promised so my problem was not solved and yet I was charged £16. So this was an utter waste of money! I will never use just answer again. In fact I expect to receive a full refund.

You will get a refund on the call.