RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

I have a Mazda 2 automatic with 67 plates. The electronic

I have a Mazda 2 automatic with 67 plates. The electronic system has totally shut down. I have checked battery and fuel both OK. The doors will open manually but the boot remains locked.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No all appears OK
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: 2017 November
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only checked the battery and looked at the main fuse box in the engine compartment. Nothing obviously amiss but I did'nt actually check any fuses for fear om making things worse.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The car mileage is quite low - only circa 16000 and the vehicle has always been serviced by Mazda

Hi my name is ***** ***** say you checked the battery can you confirm that it’s fully charged with a good 12v? I would try jump starting it see if that gets it going,

what happens when you put the key in and try to start did you get any lights flashing? Also have you done a diagnostic check? Do you have any codes?

If you could get back to me with any information we’ll see what the next step is

many

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Battery is fully charged. No lights show up on trying ignition. I have no diagnostic codes. THANKS. Also remote door unlocking does not work.

ok so with no central locking or dash lights this is a major electrical fault, can i ask did you remove battery to charge it? also did your code reader connect to all control units or did it have any where it said no communication?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for your help but I think this is too complicated for me to deal with. I will leave it there.

Ok no worries maybe get it booked in at local dealer and see what they say hope it all goes ok,

many

RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Licensed diagnostic and repair technician