sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Can't get into the boot, It's a 2010, Going to try but

Can't get into the boot
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: It's a 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Going to try but haven't tried anything yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, there are several factors that can affect the boot lock, it can be an inconvenience with the lock that has been damaged, the mechanical part of the lock could suffer some inconvenience, it can also be a problem at the level of the solenoid of the tailgate which is the one that allows the opening or the locking and finally it can be a problem with the solenoid connector or in the wiring, but to be able to verify the first thing is to open the trunk so as to have access to these components, as I think that you are already inside the vehicle, there are several ways to access, first you can remove the rear seats, there are some models that have latches that are pulled so that the seat falls forward in this way you can enter the trunk from inside, but there are other models that do not have these latches, therefore the seats must be removed by loosening the screws on the floor, this is not complicated, anyone can do it quietly, you will see that there are some screws on the floor of the seats, you remove these screws and with this you move the seat forward enough to create a space to be able to enter the trunk.

These are the alternatives you have to enter from the inside, but from the outside you can also enter using special tweezers, these tweezers are available in tool sales, there are also auto locksmiths that work with vehicle openings at low costs. They can go to where the vehicle is and open it, if you do not have experience with these tools, I do not recommend you try to access the vehicle with them, it can be quite cumbersome, in addition, you can find the lock and even damage the paint of the bodywork a bit because these tools are used in a very specialized way, we as garage techniques know very little about the use of them but when this kind of problem happens to us, we have to solve it through them or in the worst case and we see that we put ourselves at risk the vehicle lock, we simply call the locksmith company.

Once you have the trunk open, you can access to check the components of the central locking system and the lock as it seems to me the problem is the mechanism or the solenoid.

in addition, you try to open it manually if your model is the one that have the slot to open with the key.

i tried to cover all the possible causes, that can cause this problem, i hope i have been helpful. if you have any doubt please let me know.

Kind regards, Sebastian.