Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

I need to replace the camshaft position sensor. I can’t find

I need to replace the camshaft position sensor. I can’t find it. It’s a Citroen Berlingo petrol, 2009.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Camshaft sensor p0341
JA: What is the model of your '09 Citroen?
Customer: Berlingo
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, tried to locate the sensor.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, in the diagram below, the sensor is the number 15. It is located on the front of the engine right on the valve cover.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Sebastian, thank you fir your help. I still not able to locate it.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Have a look at the pictures

Dear customer, for this model is on the other side towards the back, but I have not been able to get you a diagram that allows me to help you with the location.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Sebastian,
I tried the other side as well.
There is absolutely nothing there either. This van is a joke.
The only thing I managed to find was lower by the gear box, I believe it’s the crankshaft sensor?
I’ll post some pictures for you.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (46SP3LG)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ll post some more pictures of this side of the engine.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Back of the engine, fuel injectors
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Could this hole above water valve be where camshaft sensor location would be?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (TLT24P4)

Dear customer, I will opt out of your query to let another expert continue and hopefully he has the right diagram for your model.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No problem, it seems that this engine doesn’t have a camshaft position sensor. thank you very much.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please
thank you

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
If you get prompted for a Premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, as i don't think it is needed at this point.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Would you please tell me which engine you have on this Berlingo?

The engine power would do (66, 72, 80 or 88KW).

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Billy, thank you for helping.
the engine number is *****

Unfortunately i don't have access to the Citroen system now, but if you get me the  engine code or power it would be enough.

The codes would be something like NFU, 5FS etc.. or just the power would do.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
on the V5, it says 7*NFR*
Does it make sense to you
?

By the way, the sensor by the gearbox is indeed the crankshaft sensor. And yes, NFR is the  engine code.

This engine does not have a camshaft position sensor.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
excellent
thank you

Kindly let me know if further assistance is needed.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Oh man, I spent days looking for this thing hahahaha

It can be a pain, I know, i've been down that road before.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The fault code that keeps coming back is relating to camshaft position sensor. Could this be the crankshaft sensor then?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
P0341

If you would like more info on that engine (and the bosch injection it has), i would be more than glad to oblige.

And yes, sometimes a faulty crankshaft sensor causes this code. The code however has no checking instructions in the Citroen data, as it should not exist.

I will attach this engine's wiring diagram while at it, it would be useful since you're working on this vehicle.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok, I think ill just replace the crankshaft sensor and see if it resolves the issue. The car panel says ANTIPOLLUTION FAULTY. but the fault code is P0341

You can start with the crankshaft sensor, but if the problem persists (most likely not), you would need another scan tool (Citroen Lexia)

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok, I will keep that in mind. I really appreciate your help with this.
I will order the sensor and fit it.

Good luck!

Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience: Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Have wonderful day.

Have a nice evening! Thank you for your trust!