sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Programming a new key to skoda fabia 2008, key programming

Customer Question

Programming a new key to skoda fabia 2008, key programming failed security authorisation and now has flashing immobiliser light. Fault code 01179 will not clear by diagnostic, tried to run procedure from scratch but will not pass security. Checked pin from bcm and from key, both the same 3 digit pin
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Immobiliser symbol, constantly flashing, original keys still work fine
JA: What is the model of your '08 Skoda?
Customer: Fabia2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, using Autel im508. Tried to repeat the programming procedure from the start, tried to program all keys or just 1 key to try to end programming procedure. I suspect the car is stuck in programming mode after failing to complete the first time
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Also tried with a fresh ID48 chip
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer could you tell me wich diagnostic equipment your using to make the scan and also wich key programming equipment are you using to program the ignition key system.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Autel im508

Dear costumer i see a clear activated immovilizer symptom, the issue is that It seems to me that he is not taking programming or the key or the tansponder do not receive it. i would like to know how it happened to have an idea before i tell you that it may be a immobilizer module problem.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
the first time i tried to go through key learning, the process passed security authorisation and then asked me to remove the key after the immobiliser light goes out. I misread it and removed the key before the light went out. After that attempt, it fails security authorisation every time i try to go back through the process
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Both original keys still work perfectly, the new key does not start the vehicle so the immobiliser is still functioning correctly

Dear costumer that is that the problem is only with the key with which you did the wrong procedure? did you already tried leaving the key at zero? i mean reset the key from scratch from the computer?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear costumer as a general answer i recommend you that you redo the programming from scratch with the affected key, erase the key programation codes and reassign the same vehicle transponder code, i don´t know if the key is faulty since I do not know the circumstances in how this problem happened,but do the procedure in this way resetting everything from scratch again.