sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2003 Jaguar s-type 2.5 v6 - parking brake works great

2003 Jaguar s-type 2.5 v6 - parking brake works great however the dashboard light is fully on when brake is applied BUT is slightly on when brake is off
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: which fuse?
JA: Are you fixing your S-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not attempted to fix yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, from what you tell me, the brake light seems to be on constantly, only with differences in intensity, this might be because the switch may be giving problems sending a direct signal or you have problems at the fuses and relays, it can also be simply a false contact that is making the electrical wiring. As your model is 2003 is likely that you already have some corrosion stored in the connections.
Therefore, my recommendation is that you start checking the state of the connections near the parking brake, check the wiring very well as well and replace the sensor if it continues to give problems, it would be good if before proceeding with this revision you start by checking the state of the fuses to make sure there are no problems.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** follow your advice and investigate connections/fuses

Dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.