Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Changed driver seat on astra for older seat now airbag

Customer Question

changed driver seat on astra for older seat now airbag warning light is on and beeping
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: air bag light driver side
JA: What year is your Astra?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fixing myself , i notice the one i took had 2 cables from belt tensioner and the one i want to fit has only 1
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i get air bag light plus beeping
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
mac
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.

Hi Mac I hope you're well. can you confirm two plugs on the old and one plug on replacement

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
is one long plug under driver seat theone i took out had 3 wires in it the one i am fitting only has 2
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.

ok so this is your issue these wires are for the seat belt igniter circuit and you will need to find a way to swap this system into your replacement seat to get rid of the warning

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i have looked at the pretensioner area and the one i removed has 2 cables running from it the one i am fitting has one cable
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.

it will need to be swapped over

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can the pretension be removed and swapped over
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.

i am not totally sure because its not really common to swap these seats in ,but that's whats needed in order to remove the warning

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok thx
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.

no problem