Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have a SEAT UIbiza 2013 FR 1`.4L Diesel. I need to locatew

Hi, Hi, I have a SEAT UIbiza 2013 FR 1`.4L Diesel. I need to locatew the pwer steering fluid resevoir.
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: No, just stiff/heavy steering
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: SEAT Ibiza 2013 FR
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, but can't locate the resevoir for the power steering fluid
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi I need to locate my powers steering fluid resevoir in order to top it up. Can't see where it is. I have a SEAT Ibiza 1.4L FR Thanks, Neil

Hi Neil I hope you are well. Can I take the reg number or the vin number, please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
DA13 YWV

thanks il just pull up details

ok the steering fluid reservoir is located in front of the battery ,its quite low down and has a green lid

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks I'll just go & have a look.

no problem

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Kevin
The battery sits on a tray & I can see nothing in front of it low down.

it's between the battery and the headlamp. it's not easy to access,very poor design

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'll have another look

if you want to take some pics il try and point you in the direction

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I think I may just about be able to see it. Would I have to remove the battery to access & top up?

in some cases yes

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay, I think I know where it is now.
Is removing the battery easy?

reasonably straight forward yes

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay, I think I'll have a go.
Thank you Kevin

your very welcome