Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Can you please tell me how to run a cable for a rear dash

Hi can you please tell me how to run a cable for a rear dash cam from the rear door to the body?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: mini clubman f54 2017
JA: Are you fixing your Clubman yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I just need to know where to run the cable

Hiya

You could try and run the cable in the existing convoluted tubing alongside the existing wiring.  You would have to remove the various pieces of trim on the tailgate and inside the vehicle to gain access to either side of this point.

The easiest way however is to rethink your mounting point for the camera.  I usually position them to the underside of the bumper and then find an existing grommet in the boot floor or make my own hole and install a rubber grommet for access.

Phillip

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your reply

Hiya

No problem

Phillip