Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

Trying to locate the bonnet sensor switch for a Citroen

Trying to locate the bonnet sensor switch for a Citroen Xsara MkII (2001). Where would I find it?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: When driving along, the sensor for the bonnet being open keeps showing. We think it is setting off the alarm The theory is that the sensor needs changing, but I have no idea where it is under the bonnet, Or where to source one.
JA: What is the model of your '01 Citroen?
Customer: Xsara Mk 2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2000-2004 (if you look online)
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: can’t think of anything

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today is the display telling you the bonnet is up when it is not.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Correct. I don’t have the car here (my step son took it to Uni yesterday) but we realised too late that this was an issue. Wanted to try to understand where the sensor is and whether it just needs replacing or if it is a bad connection.

Could i have the REG number please.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Y929TBW

Thank you give me a bit of time.

Separate switch they are normally part of the latch they are dealer part only on back order cost is £59.47

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ah. Didn’t realise they are part of the latch. Is this the cost of the latch or the switch?

No not part of the latch it is separate.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK. Brilliant. Do you have the part number at all?

Sorry they do not give out part numbers that is not me that is a Citroen rule.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok. Thanks.
Is the switch under the latch then?

It looks like it is on the slam panel.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
On the top side of it? Any ideas what it would look like?

I will try to find an image.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

I can not get an exact match but this is very close.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Oh wow. Totally couldn’t see this on the slam panel. I’ll get my stepson to take a pic and send to me when he gets the chance. In the meantime, I’ll get the part ready to fit. Thank you for all tour help.

No problem regards Gavin.