sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Got a starting issue with a connect 1.8DI 2004, turns over,

got a starting issue with a connect 1.8DI 2004, turns over, goes to start then nothing.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '04 Ford?
Customer: T220 L
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuel filter, crank sensor, relays
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: when it runs it runs fine no issues

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jose, I hope you can help, this on got me scratching my head
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
lets see how this goes initially

Dear customer, I would like to know how this happened, if it was after having done some work on the vehicle or did it happen suddenly?

I would also like to know if you have verified that fuel is reaching the injectors or what reviews have you made to the fuel injection system?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
just started one day a few weeks back, got it going again after several tries, to get me home. changed ignition switch too.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
have removed one of the injector and turned over, when it tries to fire I can see a squirt of fuel out of the injector
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
other than that, when I continue to turn over nothing from the injector
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can see the 12v supply to the pump when first turn on the ignition, this goes out as expected. Can't see it go back on though once turning over
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the 12v supply is only there for 2 seconds

Dear customer, it seems that the injection pulse is being lost, as you told me that the supply only lasts 2 seconds, this may be due to problems with the computer or wiring, as your model is 2004, you may have damage at the computer.

It would be nice to take the review.

It seems to me that you already replaced the relay, so it is ruled out.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm thinking it could be something to do with the RPM signal to the Fuel pump, but don't have a wiring diagram to check where the signal comes from, probably the PCM. I did monitor the engine stats when we did get it running and the RPM figures looked ok.

Dear customer, I do not think that the RPM signal is affecting, in addition when you have had reading and you see a good signal.
I recommend you check the wiring and connections, but that you also take the ECU for review.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I''ll try again Wednesday, it's so close to starting, but does't continue after initial fire-up. Will probably call you then, thanks Darren

Great, please let me know any new.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, the issue has been resolved. The key was very worn, although it would turn and try to start the engine there must have been an issue with PATs transponder. I put the key in and turned to position 2, then operated the ignition switch manually and it started. Thanks or your assistance

Dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.