sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I pulled off from parking and I started to hear loud noise

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I pulled off from parking and I started to hear loud noise from the exhaust passenger side (sounded like air being pushed out via a crack maybe) then not to long a warning sign saying restricted performance came on my dashboard
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I haven’t yet checked the battery
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Range Rover evoque 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this happened about 40mins ago
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thats everything
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No probs

Dear customer, sometimes when we are driving the exhaust can be hit in some part as pothole every time it is hit, cracks can be generated, what is it that you may be presenting but there are sensors that work with the exhaust that can activate error codes and lit the indicators that you currently have.
My recommendation is based on two things the first that you do a visual check at the exhaust and to the lower area of ​​the vehicle, for this in the garages they use a bridge or jack that allows us to easily enter the internal one, the second thing I recommend is that you do a diagnosis to check which sensor is being affected, it is very likely that it is one of the exhaust sensors such as the catalyst sensor.
The advantage is that this type of repair is not very expensive and the sensors can be obtained at good prices and also these exhausts can be welded easily.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** case I’ll take my car to the garage tomorrow and see if there’s any hole that needs welding, if there’s no hole I’ll do a diagnostic

Dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.