RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

My F56 mini panoramic roof won’t close. I think one of the

Hi, my F56 mini panoramic roof won’t close. I think one of the drive cable mechanisms has broken as one aide attempts to move but the other doesn’t
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would love to fix it myself if I can but it might mean the removal of the complete roof unit. I have found evidence of broken plastic that looks like it has come from the drive mechanism
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so

Hi my name is*****’m sorry to hear you are having problems with your car, it does sound like some of the mechanism has broken which unfortunately is a big job, usually involves removing the complete headlining as the frame for the system comes downs and out from the inside,

unfortunately this is usually a main dealer job,

sorry this isn’t better news, hope you get it sorted soon

mamy thanks