Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

I got Bmw 2 series tourer 65 plate what is common problem in

Customer Question

I got Bmw 2 series tourer 65 plate what is common problem in it. Because my diesel sensor got blocked n it’s wrecked whole of the car . I took it to n independent Bmw garage n he told me that’s it’s a common problem so take it to main dealer n they will fix it for you but now main dealer is denying that what shud I do . Thaks
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: when I was driving it says drain train n it was like car got into limp mode
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: its 65 plate Bmw 2 series tourer
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have got warrant insurance but they declined the claim saying they are only fixing the sensor further damage it has done to turbo ; wiring n dbs they not paying for because main dealer made total invoice of £6500 pounds
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My car is with bmw main dealer for two weeks now in Wolverhampton n they never give me any courtesy car I got two little kids n hiring taxi everywhere I think if it is possible can u talk to Bmw Wolverhampton garage directly because they can explain u better
Category: Car
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 7 days ago.

Hi my name i am here to assist you Today is this a DPF issue or a Turbo charger issue.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think the sensor diesel sensor leak cause lot of problem because diesel is sprayed everywhere n if u send e ur email I can send u the whole list of problem they told me

You can send me the details

How do I send a photo or file to the Expert?

There are a few ways to send a photo or file to your Expert. When posting your question, there is an option to add photos and files.

• If you already posted your question and still need to share photos or files, click the upload icon on the reply box in your question.
  • A pop-up window will open. Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click Open.
  • A link representing your photo or file should now appear below the reply box on your question page. Insert text in the reply box and click the Send button to send your photo or file to the Expert.

To send a photo or file, it must be 5MB or less and in one of the following formats: GIF, PNG, JPEG, ZIP, RAR, PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, DOCX, XLSX, SWF, FLV, WMV. If your photo or file is larger than 5MB, please resize it or send it to customer support at *****@******.***.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Have u got the picture

Yes let me go though it.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks

We are going to have to think "out of the box" on this can you contact Quarry motors http://www.quarrymotors.co.uk give them a call and send them that parts list then we will move forward.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But Gavin can u please let me know is this a common fault on these cars because when I took my car to another Bmw repairer he told me that it is common fault on Bmw 2 series tourer

Yes it is a common issue.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But Bmw wolverhamton is denying
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Because if it’s a common problem they suppose to fix it

It is out of warranty who is the third part warranty with is it warranty wise ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have took from rac but it’s the assurant who deal with it

When did you buy the car.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
N assurant is saying they will just fix the sensor but not the further damage it done to the other parts
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
In November 2019

That is their legal position.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
if it’s common fault why Bmw is not fixing it

Yes it happens a lot and not just with BMW.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Another question is shud I fix it or do part exchange

For the cost i would part exchange it.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Cuz I drive local can u recommend me any car keeping in mind I got two kids 3 yr n 2 yr old

Make sure you buy a petrol engine or electric vehicle next Diesel suffer with to much carbon build up.