sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Japanese friend who owns a 2016 Land Rover Defender

Customer Question

i have a Japanese friend who owns a 2016 Land Rover Defender Model ld25p and has asked if I can find out specs about the brakes he has asked me 3 questions:
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: original braking system I do not have miles on car to hand
JA: Are you fixing your Defender yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: he is based in Japan and wants to know 1.the braking distances 2.main brake deceleration and the parking brake Force I think its so he can legally tow an Airstream caravan. sorry but I have no idea how to find this out for him.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: if there is anything else I am not aware of it
Category: Car
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Braking distances-Main brake deceleration & parking brake / operation power
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, i don't have this info able in my manuals.
As long as I know these force is proportional to the driving speed. Therefore, they vary and there's no a table for it .
I can get top speeds, brake system materials, brake system components and so on. But this kind of information cannot be obtained.
On the other hand the towing Capacity it this model is
Unbraked trailer 750 pounds.
Maximum towing 3,500 lb.
Maximum coupling point/nose weight 150 lb.
Maximum vehicle and trailer combination 6,440 / 6,470 lb.